Avis Preferred loyalty
When you join AVIS Preferred® – you’re our priority
As a member you will have access to the perks of our priority service straight away. Book direct on this site, making sure you're signed into your Avis Preferred account, and these are just some of the benefits that will come your way:
- Fast-track service at the counter
- Pre-prepared rental paperwork
- Cars parked in the most convenient spaces
- Keys and paperwork all waiting for you in your rental car (at selected locations)
- Bonus member benefits, including free upgrades
Avis Preferred is available at over 3,300 car hire locations worldwide - and membership is completely free.
How to join Avis Preferred:
You can join quickly and easily online – you’ll just need your driving licence and payment card to hand. Once sign-up is completed, you’ll instantly receive your unique customer number via email.
Make sure to download your digital membership card via the sign up confirmation page. Alternatively, you can download your card by clicking the ‘Add to Mobile’ link in your welcome email.
Then, when you’re ready to make a booking with us, simply sign in online or quote your customer number over the phone. And you can start to enjoy the perks of our priority service on your next rental.
Please note: if you are an existing Avis Preferred member but don’t have an online account with Avis – or you have an existing Avis online account but haven’t yet joined Avis Preferred – you can sign up and link your accounts here. Just click the ‘I already have an account’ button.
Where loyalty lives
If you're renting in one of the countries listed below, all Avis Preferred's loyalty benefits will be available to you.
Please note, if any rentals are missing from your loyalty statement you can claim them here.
- Czech Republic
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
The small print
- Avis Preferred members must make their reservation four hours in advance. Please ensure that your Avis Preferred profile is up to date (including an email address).
- Priority on the newest cars is subject to availability, for your chosen rental period, at your destination rental station
- Keys in car service is currently available at selected Avis Preferred locations across Europe, USA, Canada and Australia
- Free weekend rentals are valid in the countries specified on your e-voucher for a three-day rental for a small to mid-size car. This includes fees, mandatory cover and taxes. Fuel, extra services and airport surcharges are not included.
- Free weekend rentals must be booked via the link given on the voucher
- Single car upgrades are subject to availability for Avis Preferred Plus members. Double upgrades for Avis President's Club members are also subject to availability.
- Upgrades are not eligible with vans, Avis Select Series vehicles, Luxury or Prestige cars, chauffeur-driven services, Safari rental or rentals of over 14 days in duration.
- Avis President's Club members' single upgrades are guaranteed at airport and railway stations at countries where Loyalty lives (see above) and at city-centre locations upon availability.
- Avis President’s Club members can bank on getting guaranteed cars on demand with bookings made at least 48 hours in advance.
- Corporate customers: your travel policy or corporate agreement may exclude you from upgrading to the higher tiers of the programme – check with your account manager – but you should still sign up to enjoy the Avis Preferred speed of service.
- Partnership customers: your travel policy or partnership agreement may exclude upgrades and free rentals – sign up to enjoy the Avis Preferred speed of service.
- To complete your Avis Preferred application, you just need your driving licence and payment card – and you must comply with the country’s booking terms and conditions.
- Avis Preferred loyalty tier spend can be accrued when hiring standard fleet, Avis Select Series and, in certain countries, Avis Prestige vehicles.
- Loyalty tier spend can also be accrued when renting Vans, Luxury cars and chauffeur-driven services in South Africa.